The mission of Lake Christian Academy is equally to partner with parents to develop students into Christ-centered servant leaders who are academically and spiritually prepared for college and life. This partnership requires:
- Students whose academic records demonstrate proven capabilities to succeed at LCA. We require that students are performing on grade level with passing grades.
- Students whose records show a behavioral history that does not reflect the behavioral expectations of LCA should not apply until they have completed a successful year in another academic setting.
Visiting the Academy
- Tours are required prior to applying to LCA.
- Tours are scheduled throughout the year to ensure any prospective family has the opportunity to visit. Please call the academy office to schedule a tour or student visit at 573-374-1500
- Applications are accepted until July 15th for the upcoming academy year.
- Testing occurs between April 15th and July 31st
- Interviews are scheduled when all required applications materials are received and reviewed
- Current LCA families will be given the opportunity for re-enrollment beginning March 15th of the current academy year. Un-enrolled siblings are given first priority in the enrollment process. Open enrollment will begin April 1st of the current academy year.
- Even if classes are full, you are still encouraged to apply and complete the entrance exam/assessment to determine placement. This will determine the grade level that is suitable for the student.
- Your student must be 4 years old by June 1st order to be eligible to apply for Preschool K4. Students must be 5 years old by June 1st to apply for Kindergarten (K5)
Student records will be carefully evaluated during the application process. The following testing is required for entrance into LCA:
- Preschool (K4)-1st grade applicants: Developmental assessment administered individually
- 2nd grade and above: IOWA test administered individually or in small groups
School Days & Hours
Instructional time is between 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., Tuesdays – Fridays. Drop off should be no later than 7:50 a.m. to ensure your student is prepared for instruction promptly at 8:00 a.m. Pickup should be no later than 3:00 p.m. unless other arrangements have been approved through both the teacher and administrator.
Our daily bus route picks up from and drops off in the back parking lot of Potter’s House in Camdenton. The bus leaves from Potter’s House at 7:25 a.m. and returns between 3:35 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. Potter’s House address is: 2073 South Business Route 5 Camdenton, MO. Potter’s House is not affiliated with Lake Christian Academy, rather they allow us a safe pick up and drop off facility. Please do not call Potter’s House for any school or bus related inquiries. The bus fee is $65 per child per month to reserve a seat.